Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development has been launched in partnership with UN-HABITAT and Dubai Municipality to recognize excellence and support urban best practices to improve the living environment.
Dubai Award Information
US$1M in prizes to be awarded at Expo2020.
Now reaching its 25th year, the award recognises the world’s best practices that demonstrate valuable contributions to sustainable urban development, as a result of effective partnerships between public, private, and civic sectors.
Practices Award in Urban Regeneration and Public Spaces
- This category caters for addressing the cities of the future; finding ways in which cities ensure to provide affordable housing and access to food, water, clean air, mobility, public life and nature for continuously more numerous urban populations.
Practices Award in Construction of Sustainable, Innovative and Smart Buildings
- This category caters for finding sustainable, innovative, and smart projects for the development of smart buildings in order to limit environmental impact, increase human well-being and contribute to the achievement of sustainable development goals.
Practices Award in Sustaining Urban Food Systems
- This category caters for systemic change and much improved access to food by all people while maintaining a strong connection between food production, storage and supply to local, regional and global beneficiaries showing an impact on human settlements.
Practices Award in Addressing Climate Change and Reducing Pollution
- This category caters for solutions addressing climate change, pollution reduction, and the protection of a thriving biodiversity including long-term governance mechanics, stakeholder participation and circular economy.
Practices Award in Urban Infrastructure Planning and Management
- This category caters for finding adaptable, local and resilient solutions, that will enable longer lifecycle of infrastructure, due to the fast-paced transformations in line with the 4th industrial revolution relying on innovative, futuristic and sustainable projects improving living conditions.
Who Can Participate
- National and local governments;
- Non-governmental organizations;
- Corporate and Private sector companies;
- Academic institutions;
- Media entities;
- Individuals (Researchers, professional teams, etc.).
- The project, subject of the application, shall be implemented with tangible results for a period of at least one year (project launch should not exceed five years from the date of application);
- The applicant should comply to the award eligibility criteria;
- The applicant should submit all requirements within the announced deadlines;
- The applicant should not participate in more than one project per category. The submitted project cannot be used in more than one category;
- By applying to the award, the applicant gives full authorization to the award management to archive the submitted content and use it for specific publications. It is not of his/her right to request the recovery or restrict the team to publish or share some of the submission contents.
How to Apply
- The applicant should complete the online application form and submit all requirements on the official award website;
- The applicant must provide official documents to prove his status in relation to the submitted project as individual, organization or corporate (ID documents, Authorization letter, Commercial / Registration license, etc.);
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, visit Dubai International Best Practices Award.