The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released its calendar and political itinerary for 2023 General elections.
Below is the breakdown of political activities.
1. Consultation continues January: 1-31
2. Intensive consultation continues February: 1-28
3. March: INEC gives guideline for aspirants, candidates, parties in respect of congress, primary election and campaign.
4. April: Campaign for Presidential and Gubernatorial elections.
5. May: Party Congresses.
6. June: Party Primary Elections.
7. July: Petitions on Primary elections.
8. August: Court of Appeal hearing on Primary elections conducted.
9. September: Supreme Court verdict on all Primary elections. Candidates & winners for Presidential & Gubernatorial flag bearer of Parties contesting.
10. October: Aggressive campaign by candidates/Parties across the federation.
11. November: Campaign continues.
12. December: Peace Accord signed by all presidential and Gubernatorial candidates.
13. February 2023: Presidential and National Assembly elections
14. March 2023: Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections.
15. Plan your Calendar for 2022 with this on your mind.