United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
The UNFPA is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Coordinator.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization
- International Development
- Women and Gender
|Nigeria | Kaduna|
- Progamme and Project Design and Formulation:
- Provide substantive leadership and inputs into the design and formulation of programmes and projects translating UNFPA’s mandate and strategic priorities, particularly the three transformative goals into local interventions, and responding to Government plans and priorities.
- Introduce into the project formulation process the results of programme and project reviews and evaluations, best practices, as well as innovative strategies, approaches and policies.
- Technical Support and Coordination:
- Provide substantive technical support and coordination for the effective management of all programme outputs including development and implementation of result-based work plans, project financial monitoring and budget management
- Collaboration with Partners and UN Agencies:
- Collaboration with the Representative, provides a harmonized coordination support to UN Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and state’s national authorities through the establishment of a wider/appropriate consultation process to enhance coordination between state counterparts, development partners, thus strengthening the links between states counterparts and UN Agencies, taking into consideration the DaO architecture where required.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies in the provision of technical and program assistance in the Kaduna State and capacity development initiatives; and directly supervise and coach sub-office staff.
- Resource Mobilization Strategy:
- Contribute to the resource mobilization strategy by analyzing information on potential donors, preparing substantive briefs and project proposals in line with donor priorities, creating feedback mechanisms and providing information on progress of donor funded projects. Identifies opportunities for cost sharing.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership:
- Play a leadership role within the sub-office, supervising the programme team assigned to the sub-office and inspiring them to translate the country programme goals into specific solutions and results.
- Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing English, to foster engaged partnerships at the highest level and to maintain political partnerships in the assigned region.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings with different work and learning styles.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to achieve results.
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Gender, International Development, or other related disciplines.
- At least 7 year’s increasingly responsible professional experience in program management and development relevant to Population and Development, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Gender.
- Experience in program and/or technical assistance with the UN System.
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender issues.
- Field experience in Sub-Sahara Africa would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
|How to Apply|
Applicants must submit applications through online process.