UNICEF seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist.
Areas of Interest/ Specialization
- Agriculture, Food and Nutrition
- Program and Project Management
|Nigeria | Abuja|
- Program Management and coordination for effective partnership and UNICEF project implementation
- Ensure functional leadership of the project through, Chief of sections meeting and project Steering Committee.
- Coordinate Technical team of section focal persons and proactively engage in the implementation of key recommendations from donor, the steering committee, and technical committee.
- Attend the state levels and national nutrition sector coordination meeting and report on FIT progress and achievements.
- Support implementation and Supervision of Field team and knowledge management of the FIT Response
- Ensure coordination of the Shani Pilot project and facilitate comprehensive end line survey of the INP+ pilot.
- Attend quarterly TAG meetings and monthly operations meeting in Borno as the case may be.
- Support surveillance team on decision making for response.
- Support IMOs to put in place adequate practices and channels of communication and interaction between consortium members.
- Complete, quality and timely reporting to donor on FIT response project implementation
- Ensure and oversee timely and quality reporting and adherence to reporting schedule and harmonized reporting templates agreed with donor.
- Provide feedback on progress, quarterly reports from donor and the technical committee to relevant focal persons.
- Oversee updating of the common project log frame if needed in consultation with donor and technical team.
- Oversee consolidation of log frame filled, reviewed and updated as needed.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize information and communicate outcomes clearly to different stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment and knowledge of DFID project management is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team, high-level report-writing skills.
- Advanced University Degree (MSc/PhD) in health and nutrition, policy and/or management, public health, epidemiology, management or business administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in program/project development and management and/or coordination of partnerships and programs.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition programs and projects and in UN system agency or international NGO.
- Experience in humanitarian response activity management will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in effectively managing grants.
- Experience coordinating with other organizations in the collation of information, analysis and development of recommendations.
UNICEF Additional Considerations
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of the local language widely spoken in the North East region is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.