UNICEF is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer (Monitoring, Sustainability & Accountability).
Areas of Interest/ Specialization
|Nigeria | Abuja|
- Support the Project Manager in the implementation and monitoring of ASWA II Project in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states using project designed tools like WASHBAT, Sustainability checks and Value for money templates.
- Support the states in the development and quality assurance of annual state specific project workplans based on the overall AWSA II national log-frame.
- Support in the analysis of data and draft the project progress reports for the ASWA II project.
- Develop PCAs and Programme Documents, supervise implementation and Monitor outputs of Programme Documents on different outputs areas of ASWA II Project like VLOM, Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Marketing and financing etc.
- Take the lead in establishing a system for strengthening WASH Accountability by deploying WASH Voice Service linking up with facility tracking and training Communities/WASHCOMs to use the services in demanding for improved WASH Services from authority.
- Support strengthening the enabling environment for WASH implementation by carrying out critical capacity building activities as identified in the UNICEF WASH projects documents, support establishment of WASH Departments and facilitate their orientation on WASH implementation process and procedures.
- Up to date knowledge on sustainability and accountability in WASH programming.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with ability to effectively lead participatory discussions and manage large group processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent computer skills, including internet navigation and office applications.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- At least a University Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Public Health, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Minimum 4 year’s progressive experience in the development programming in the WASH Sector supporting governance and community engagement.
- Experience in the UN environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in networking social mobilisation and advocating for results amongst government agencies, NGOs, private actors and development partners.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) are required.
|Information not available.|